Use of School Facilities
Community Use of School Application, Guidelines and Procedures:
Outlined below are some important reminders while using the school facilities:
Please remember that this facility is our children's learning and play space and respect the following guideline
Due to allergies, the building is PEANUT AND SCENT FREE and likewise, we ask that you do not bring pets to the school or to the school playground.
- Smoking, spitting and the use of drugs or alcohol are NOT allowed anywhere on the school grounds.Failure to respect this requirement may result in your group being refused permission to use the school facilities.
- Please remember to clean your shoes or remove them at the front entrance
- The room is left tidy with all equipment placed back where it came from
- Equipment that is moved is put back where it was
- Smoking is done OFF the school grounds
- If you need to cancel contact the school or leave a message for the school custodian.
- If a space is cancelled no other group can use the space without going through the application process
- All rooms/space in school MUST be booked through the school office by completing an application form
- If a group is late more than three times the group booking will be cancelled and the timeslot will be open for other groups to book. You will be notified by email if your group is cancelled; the group leader will be responsible for relaying this information to the users in the group.
Room Use Charges:
- There is no charge if a room is being used for instruction for children and/or adults.
- There is no charge if a Hornby Island non-profit is using the classroom for a group or public meeting.
- There may be a charge for heat and/or additional custodial time if needed.
School Timelines/Bookings: All use of school application forms should be submitted 2 weeks prior to the date of use. Applications submitted less than 3 days prior may not be processed.
What needs to be booked using the use of school application form?
- Anything on school grounds (i.e. classrooms, gymnasium, parking lot, school fields, etc. (indoor or outdoor)
Purposes behind booking indoor and outdoor use is:
- Signing and reviewing School District Policies and Protocols re: bi-laws and regulations, damage, liability insurance, fees, etc.
- School District schedule for ongoing maintenance throughout the year which includes indoor and outdoor maintenance (i.e. painting lines in gym, carpet cleaning, mowing, repairs, etc.). As various groups use the school facilities we need to keep the schedule in order and make sure there are no overlaps or conflicts with group use or school district maintenance